Monday, January 6, 2014

Waist training

Today, I am beginning waist training... again. I started last year, but failed to keep it going. I desire the nipped in waist of the women seen in the '40's and '50's like this...

and this...

Now, I'm not claiming that I need to lose weight. I'm fairly happy with my weight, just not my shape. My uncorseted measurements are B-35", W-29", H-38 1/2". Prior to having children, I measured B-34", W- 26 1/2", H- 36 1/2" and that was 17 years ago. So, I really can't complain. However, I would like to try this experiment to see if I can reshape my waist to give me a curvier appearance while wearing a bathing suit.

I already have my corset on today, measuring 27 1/4" at the waist, so if I remember to, I will photograph myself out of and in my corset for you tomorrow. This way we can visually track my progress. My goal is to have a 25" corseted waist measurement by this summer. This should put me at around 27" uncorseted. 

Wish me luck!!


3 comments:

  1. That body shape was created using a "Merry Widow" corset.

    "Initially, the merry widow was a trademark of the famous Maidenform company, which designed it for Lana Turner's role in a 1952 movie of the same name. The name caught on as more were manufactured for the general public, and Maidenform ultimately lost the trademark." (Wisegeek)

    Plenty of this style are available online and/or the pattern to make your own. Don't know how to attach a pic here, but google Merry Widow Corset and you can see what they look like, and how the boning is, that shapes the waist to this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might read out this waist training history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete