Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Waist training week 2

As promised, here are my day 2 before and after corseting pictures. You can see how I don't have much of a waist. The corset I am wearing is an inexpensive ebay purchase that has spiral steel boning and I added hip gores to give it some comfort. I am quickly realizing that I need to hurry up and make myself a custom fitting corset, as I know that a proper corset will be much more comfortable. I plan draft my corset usning a tutorial that I found online at www.foundationsrevealed.com
 
 
After a week of corseting, wearing my corset 10+ hours per day, my natural waist has reduced by 1/2 inch and I can comfortably corset myself to 26 1/4 inches. That's down a whole inch from the first day! I feel this reduction is mostly due to the fact that I have been eating smaller portions during meals.
 
Overall, throughout the day I hardly notice that I am wearing it, but do find driving the school bus a bit uncomfortable. This is most likely due to the shape of the seat. I may need to use a support to make the seatback to fit my corseted figure.
 
I kept this little experiment a secret from my husband until Saturday. When I told him, he simply said, "Oh, yeh?". He didn't question me or try to talk me out of it. For this I am grateful.
 
From now on throughout this experiment, I will only post if there is a significant change or a large amount of time has past.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Historical Sewing has an online class to make a Edwardian long line corset w/hip gores,(other styles available and the patterns) which is a lot more comfortable than the below the bust "stomacher" you have on!

    For waist training, be sure you know the body shape you are wanting and then choose the style and type of corset that will give you that shape. There ARE differences!!!!!!

    Good luck!!!! I love my corset!! Also, id google how to wear a corset or how to start wearing one. Even on week 2, I didn't wear mine a full 8 hrs straight yet. This will be important when you begin wearing a "real" corset!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm live at Las Vegas, United States!! Can you recommend me some waist trainer in local stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please show your result after 2 week waist training and I want to see the effect of waist cincher before and after.

    ReplyDelete